Monday, October 8, 2012

Things I Could Be Doing If I Had More Time To Do Things

When I was young..
I had time, but did not know it
I had beauty, but did not feel it
I had peace, but did not want it.

Dealing with the overwhelming course work of college, the stressfulness of dealing with people at school and on the brink of another job, I wont have any more time for myself. I remember just this time last year and a mere few months ago I had enough money in my bank account to do just about whatever I wanted and buy whatever I needed to last me for a while, because I was so BORED. Fast forward to now, and I'm exhausted. It's kinda my fault, because I was trying to keep up with the Joneses of my age and go to college, so I had to get a car. Also, I am one of those unfortunate individuals who have to pay for the stuff they have and work at a job for it, so me not really having the time to spend at the school like the proffessors want us to really sucks. I mean, if anything, the impression that college is giving me right now, is that professors do not give an actual fuck if you have any other classes or a job or what, this class that you're in right now is the only thing on earth that is important and if you can't drive all the way downtown to see some crappy art exhibit for a grade because you have a meeting at work that you HAVE to attend to, then it's your fault. All your fault. 

Gosh. This ranting. Anyway, back to the regular scheduled programme.

There are things that I wish I could do right now. Video games are my world, but I can easily get addicted, and once I try to pry myself away from them, I can't stop thinking about how I can't wait to play them again. So here is a list of things that I feel like I could be doing if I had more time on my hands.


Knitting funky sweaters


Back in the good ol' fashioned days of high school, I went through several phases. One of those phases was an obsession with 80's style clothing. Nowandays, I kind of ditched the 80's look, but have kept the obsession for sweaters, sweatshirts, etc. I want to make my own sweaters and sell them or something, y'know?

Hitting The Gym


I'm shrimpy, I'm waify, I need to bulk up and get people to take me seriously. Also, it has great health benefits, and I would like to fit into my clothing sometimes without it sliding off; that would be great as well.

Traveling

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee says the random guards around Skyrim. In real life, I traveled, I traveled to a lot of places because I had time on my hands, money just sitting there, and a desire to get away. I have the opportunity to go to NY and stay with my sis for Christmas, go to the Caribbean, or Las Vegas, yet real life is getting in the way, and I have to stay where I am because of...responsibilities..ew. I loved to travel, it IS like going on an adventure, sadly, I can't go on these adventures anymore, because instead of an arrow to the knee, I took a decrease to the bank account.

Attending Conventions

And just when the bucket list is halfway complete, I miss this one by a long shot. Dragon Con, Momo Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta, are just some of the things I can't do because not only do I not have time, I don't have a posse. One nerd is a loser, a gang of nerds make IT students.

Going to the Drunken Unicorn


Living in a city where hiphop, R&B, and Country are the dominating exports of music, it's really hard to find a scene that's a blend of everything underground. I think that attending shows at the drunken unicorn would be fun and cool (and a chance to see where the Georgia hipsters come to play).
Slaying Dragons 

By the end of 2012, the world is prophesized to be devoured by Alduin, a dragon who was killed in the medieval times that has come back to life, resurrecting other dragons. Today, dragons are among one of the most rising threats in the world, but due to the financial crisis, we can't fund an army to go out and fight these dragons, if I had time, I would bulk up the courage to go do it myself, after all, my dog has already killed those little baby dragons always crawling around on the porch.


Sleeping


In Sociology, I learned about different types of people. There are people who have goals and the means to achieve them, the people who have goals but no means, the people who have means but no goals, people who have neither, and the rebels. I would either fall into the rebel catagory, or someone with means and no goals. I miss sleeping in on weekends, mornings, afternoons, etc. A lack of proper sleep makes me the equivalent of a car with a dying battery. 


Here is a message for everyone: trying to make a slacker work is fail, trying to motivate a slacker is fail, trying to turn a slacker into an actual person will never work, all we'll do is bitch and complain. Oh well, there's always the break periods I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, wow, that sounds mega stressful with the amount of things you're juggling. Hope everything goes well. And yessss, I wish there were more hours in a day. There are so many hobbies and interests I would love to pursue further but can't due to other commitments! By the way, my domain is at http://www.hello-jojo.com but there wasn't an option to put this in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, I haven't really quite mastered the art of blogging despite my years of doing it.

      Thanks for commenting BTW!

      Delete
  2. Awwwww, this post kind of makes me feel sad. :( Are *sure* you don't have time for any of these? I'd feel like if you just write out how your schedule looks like with your classes and job, and try to fit at least some of your hobbies in there would at least help?

    ReplyDelete