Monday, November 26, 2012

THANK YOU. For making me the person I am today.

This letter goes out to the guy that woke me up from my days of teenage haze.


Dear Guy,

You may not remember me, and you may not even care, but I do, because in the short time you lived a few houses down from me, my life changed completely.

I remember when you first moved in, and I saw your mom, you, your brother, and your family spending time outside in the summer afternoon. That first time we got off the bus together was terrifying; I sat in the front to make a quick exit, you sat in the back because you were already a socialite. As I walked several paces ahead of you, you called for me and caught up to me, asked me my name, my grade, and you seemed pretty nice. Over time we became really good friends. It may not seem like it, but I was a jealous bitch, and even though we did not date, I had already claimed you as 'mine' while I watched you talk and befriend other girls with furious rage, even going as so far to hate going outside after school for fear that you might be hanging out with that little Puerto Rican girl you often talked to that lived around the corner. I finally thought this is it, this is finally the year I could change my status on myspace (myspace was hot back then) from single to in a relationship, and there were 3 guys I had in mind. So far, you were leading them. 
Things got a little crazy after my best friend at the time snuck on my bus to come over. She knew how I felt about you, and she had a boyfriend at the time, but since she IS better looking, you were interested in her instead. How did I know? She told me on Halloween that you were flirting with her, and by Christmas she didn't even remember who you were! HA! 

That was very disappointing. I had gone out of my way to doll myself up for junior year so that I might meet someone new, and it crashes worse than the Hindenburg. So what was the point? I started wearing black clothing and sweats because I didn't care if I was unappealing or not, people started calling me Emo and Gothic, and I even got my hair cut in that short Lily Allen style: you missed it, Hun; I was living my life post-you.

So even though we were both non-factors to each other, this proves that if I can't find a guy that wont accept me for me, then it's not gonna work out, I will never change for anyone. As for you, aren't in jail or something? so you can't read this, right? good. I think you're suffering enough.

Signed,
D. Fortuna

No comments:

Post a Comment