Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Whatever happened to the good ol' days?

Finding a job is hard.
 


 
 No, I didn't leave my job of 3 years, but I am trying, and here's why.
 
It's that time of year, y'know, back-to-school. For the past couple of years this season has been extremely depressing. Why? Well, I'm sure I've told this very confusing story dozens of times, but I'm actually supposed to be in my last year of college, so working at my retail job selling stuff to kids who go off to school to succeed really gets to me, because I am not succeeding. I am not making enough money at my job right now, so I am looking for a higher paying one, but this shizz is HARD.
 
 
I have a resume, I have applied to several places for the past 3 weeks, but I can see that this is not gonna be an easy process. Every day I went to and came home from work in tears because the stress gets to me and anyone who knows me KNOWS that I do not handle stress very well. The only thing that keeps me sane is the fact that I do have a source of income, and that it does take people a while to find another job; meanwhile what I should be doing is focusing on going to school in the spring, at least it's a start, y'know?
 
 
But I'm just remembering the good ol' days. Whatever happened to just apply and BAM=job? It makes me feel like I'm not good enough to leave my job, like no matter what, I'm gonna be stuck there no matter what. Call me a pessimist, but I'm really trying to be positive here, but what's the deal with all these roadblocks? my internet connection will go out, my browser will restart, the job site will crash, the job will no longer be posted, the job requires a degree, like WTF!!!! Is this anywhere near fair?
 
 
It just seems all so hard, trying to stay positive when so much is being thrown at you.  'nomics, man...

No comments:

Post a Comment