Sunday, July 8, 2012

London Is Calling


WOOT! 100th post!


I have always been obsessed with other places, from Tokyo to Greece and right now it's the UK. Everything coming out of the UK reeks of awesomeness, from the music to the television to the style and the food! Also, the Olympics will be in London this year, and I will not be watching them because I don't like sports, but I love accents, and I love British accents. This is a tribute to the stuff that I love about the UK that I have adapted into my own life.

This hoodie

I bought this hoodie from an online London souvenir shop last year, and it was awesome. 10 days after I ordered it, it was shipped to me just in time for the fall. The hoodie is bulkier than most hoodies and jackets, probably because it is for UK winters and not southern US winters. 

Fish N' chips

OMG. Last summer on my road trip back home, we stopped at an English pub in San Antonio, Texas. I didn't understand anything on the menu, and frankly it was too hot for bread and stew, so fish and chips (fries) were the only thing on the menu I recognized. Deee-lish!






Telly-vision

Skins is/was this show for young adults and it was about teenagers who didn't care about anything except sex, drugs, and partying, but each character had a central episode, and that character's episode would show the audience a deeper understanding of that character's point of view. It was actually about real issues like love, friendship, death, etc. It was cool but season 6 was really lame, so that's why it's next season is its last.


The Inbetweeners was this show that focused on a group of friends who, "were a step up above freaks, but below the cool kids". It ran from 2008 to 2010, and it had a movie. It was hilarious and since I haven't seen all the episodes, I watch them all on youtube. This show was so great, that it didn't end because it was cancelled, the show just "ran its course". Also some awesome quotes from the show were "awww friend!!" and my favorite one "BUS WANKERS!!" LOL
The fades was this show that was so awesome and no one knows why it was cancelled after one season. It was about this kid who could see the dead. The dead had 2 good sides: The somethings- who were like really good spirits, and the fades- the evil spirits. This show was epic, and it starred 3 former skins' stars! WHYYY!

 The Music
Big ups (more UK slang) to BBC radio one and 1xtra for helping me find the most unique music this side of the Atlantic. I am now aware of some other genres of music (besides dubstep..I don't mean to sound hipster, but I was listening to dubstep in the US before it was cool, and I turned it on to my friends and they loved it too. ) Here are some kick ass songs by UK artists.

Music In The Night by Dr. Meaker (Drum n' Bass)

Easy Please Me by Katy B. (R&B)
                                         

Innocence By Nero (Clean Dubstep)

Foul Beast by Coki (Dirty Dubstep)

Pixelated People by Jess Mills
Note: unless you live in the UK like I don't, this video wont play, but if you manage to listen to the song it is quite beautiful, and I even named this blog after it.

Guns Of Brixton by The Clash

The Fashion




.I am in love with doc martens boots. I don't know how this love manifested, but regardless of whatever trend, I just love these boots and they are #1 on my birthday list, so I am praying for a cold winter so I can wear them every day.

I hope to travel outside the US one day, and when I do, London will mos def. be one of my travel destinations and I will most likely not come back, just kidding, I am a patriot by blood. LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, the UK is awesome! One thing I really appreciate are their English breakfasts.

    And even though I'm not a fan of sports either, I'm actually pretty big on the Olympics. It's fun when people make a deal out of an event that only happens every four years. :P

    ReplyDelete