Friday, September 21, 2012

Moar complaining about college....

And here is why:

When I was in high school I had dreams of what I wanted to do, but unfortunately you have to be smart to do them. By the time I had reached senior year I had become an expert in procrastination and slacked off until the very end. Why? it wasn't because I was lazy, it was because I felt like it was pointless, and I was right. Here are several reasons I think college blows:

  • Fate. I am not supposed to be there. When I finished HS I actually got into college, but due to financial issues and other circumstances I couldn't attend. So when I moved out to Arizona, I had plans to get a job and go to a community college to start off. Well so much for community college, who kept saying that I needed to fax some papers back and forth for me to qualify for financial aid, so many times that I actually missed the semester and was not able to attend. I had given up on going until last summer when I moved back to Georgia, and there were several colleges I wanted to go to, but I had no money, no car, and I am one of those unlucky few who actually have to support myself, so I couldn't go to a college I actually wanted. Instead, I ended up settling for a wannabe university. I couldn't go because I didn't have a car. Ok, so now I have a car, but I can't get the right classes because I'm a retard in mathmatics, ok, so that doesn't matter, I can just take regular classes and math0099, no big, then I have to attend an ALL DAY session of bear essentials, but wait, my financial aid hasn't kicked in...fast forward to 2 days later, your financial aid has been "rewarded", and now that you have a car, and almost in college, you can't go because you owe $ 25,000 and the only way you wont owe all that money is to take out loans or become a full time student= 4 classes. Well, it's too late to take out any loans! so you gotta take those classes. So now we go to school, ok, let's have some more things happen to us like: computer crashing, traffic, no time because of work, not having a macbook, and the ultimate CAR BATTERY FAILURE.
  •  My math class doesn't even count towards my GPA which means that I don't even need to be there, and it's not even a class, everything is online, so I can do the work at home, right? WRONG, your browser does not have the supported plugins to access this page.
  • Remember the part about me being stupid? well remember this kiddies, if you are good in math, you can become anything and everything and become whatever you want, but if you are good at things that I am good at, such as nothing, there are no options for you. My major is digital media: I wanted to work in video gaming and/or animation and all that stuff, but I am constantly reminded that the job market is hard, and I probably wont find a job in my major, which will lead to me working retail for the rest of my life.
  • I wanted to be around people my own age. I don't have any friends. So the original plan was, get a room on campus, meet friends, don't be lonely, right? Nah...my financial aid didn't pay for loans, so I am just a regular ol' commuter. And I'm still socially stunted, I don't know how to make friends anymore, and I'm not charismatic either, so I've just always avoided people.
  • I have been offered another job. There are bills to pay, things I have to do but can't afford it, I am contemplating the offer on this second job, but on my days off I use at least an hour to finish my homework and projects, if I take this second job, I will be exhausted to no extent, which will lead to my return to the ER, and another hospital bill that I can't afford to pay, but probably COULD if I took this second job..

  • WTFlectures? It doesn't feel like I'm in school, it feels like I'm in some sort of rehab facility. The assignments in my classes consist of questions like "how do you feel about that? what do you think about that? what does this picture make you think?" Here is a little known fact about me: I have no opinion on things I don't feel strongly about, but that answer wont do me any justice, will it?
  • The people. These people suck. 
  • Commuting. To get to school from my house takes 30 minutes of a hectic drive. There's traffic and either ridiculously slow drivers, ridiculously aggressive drivers, and ridiculous amounts of police. I can never find a place to park, so I started parking out by the dorms, but walking to and from my car by the dorms felt like walking by a large group of winos downtown. So now I park on the gravel lot in the front of the school which feel like hell on my tires. Also, I don't have air conditioning, so when I get to my classes I smell like a rotting bag of ham.
It seems like I'm complaining, and I feel like I'm just being pissy, since I DID suffer two years of thinking that I wouldn't get anywhere in life unless I went to college, but I am starting to think that all these things happening to me were probably signs, telling me not to go. I seem ungrateful for everything that has happened to me, I know, but overall, I am feeling a huge sense of discouragement and let-down, so I'm really contemplating on whether I did the right thing or not. People say it will pay-off in the long run, but I think it's gonna end up being a LOOONNNG run. And yet I still go...

No comments:

Post a Comment