Monday, January 7, 2013

Black Eyed Peas Rant.

I've been wanting to do this post for a long time now, but I had been putting it off, because I wanted to give them another chance to improve their music, but after hearing several of their songs day after day constantly on loop I can't take it anymore. So here is the problem that I have with the group, Black Eyed Peas.


 
This is not a hate post, because I used to be a very big fan of BEP. I didn't know about them pre-Fergie, but I do have Elephunk (my summer of 2004 soundtrack) and Monkey Business, and then they took a break while Fergie had a very sucessful solo career. When they announced that they were coming out with a new album I was excited, however we were presented with the tragedy that was The E.N.D.
First off, who was this? what is the deal with this electronic sound that everyone's trying to do? Is this like the new disco or something, if so, please stop it, because it's a broken bandwagon. The BEP used to be straight up revolutionary and neo-funk, everyone had their separate roles: Will.I.AM was the main rapper, Fergie was the singer, Apl De Ap rapped about his afro-filipino upbringing, Taboo was in the group as well, that's the one with the long hair besides Fergie. Now they're all singing using a God awful vocoder.
What I used to like about this group is that it was a blend of sounds. Each song had its own identity and you could listen to a song and think to yourself "yeah...that's how I feel right now". They were a bunch of mismatched individuals and it was perfect that way. But now they're a bunch of electro-robotic clones whos music I couldn't tell apart from all the other trash on the radio.
I love the Black Eyed Peas. Matter of fact, here is a picture of the lovely quartet ^
Below is an unknown group of people claiming to be The Black Eyed Peas

Either they're imposters or I'm just having trouble keeping up with the young whippersnappers of today.


1 comment:

  1. UGHHHHH...I wrote a long comment and long story short, it's Blogspot's fault and it's gone now.

    To sum up what I had written: I loved BEP too, but I agree, their new stuff has been a letdown. I want BEP back damnit! The real one!

    ReplyDelete