Friday, January 4, 2013

OMG Kidz Bop still exists?!

It's been like what, 15 years since Kidz Bop first appeared on the scene? And it's still around!




For anyone who does not know the hilarity that is Kidz Bop, let me explain:

Back in the late '90s when pop music was spitting out underage superstars like vegas slot machines, a new era in digital media was also being born called the compilation CD. Now, compilation albums had been around since the '70s, but to us '90s kids this was a new thing. Anyway, Kidz Bop was a compilation of the hottest songs of the moment....sung by kids! The purpose of this song was to make songs kid-friendly.

Now I've personally never listened to a KB cd, but the songs that were being featured basically sounded like an elementary school chorus singing a Ja Rule song. The songs that are typically put on the CD seem like they'd be pretty hard to edit out; for example, at first they had "hit me baby one more time" by Britney Spears, which was cute, but a few years later they were singing "Im a slave 4 u " which I found hilarious; they don't care what the song is in context to the underage children singing the song, as long as it's hottttttt.

Basically, it doesn't make a difference whether you'd buy a Kidz Bop CD, you might as well listen to the regular songs, they're less annoying.

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit. When I saw the Kidz Bop logo on your page, I thought it KIND of looked familiar, but I could have easily mistaken it for the magazine Teen Bop or something so I brushed it off. But after reading your description of what Kidz Bop is, everything clicked and the memories of their voices all came flooding back.

    So yeah, NOW I do remember them. And I cannot believe they're still around. That's hilarious, I think I'm going to search them on Youtube for the giggles. :D

    ReplyDelete