Monday, February 25, 2013

Pastel Goths

 
 
 
So THATS what this whole movement is called ^ ^
 
I can actually say that I'm into the whole pastel goth movement, I kinda thought that it was just a ridiculous type of grunge that people were trying to bring back but no, it actually has a name (thanks to Francis Bean Cobain's twitter, who is actually against the whole movement).
 
I've been into pastels for the past few years, ever since I saw my favorite movie Marie Antoinette starrring Kirsten Dunst, and all of its femininity.
 
I understand the Nu Goth part, but why is it called Soft Grunge? None of the clothes considered to be Pastel Goth-y have anything to do with grunge:
 
THIS is grunge:
 
 
 
THIS is pastel goth:
 
 
Also, I found this interesting image of some of the up and coming subcultures of the 2010's
 
Isn't this great? Since the 2002's were basically a mash-up decade, I didn't know that there could be any more subcultures left, but alas, there are some new ones on the horizon (and the hipster look is always evolving,)





2 comments:

  1. Ah, the evolution of trends. I love it.

    Pastel goth looks cute as hell. SIGN ME UP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great blog! I blog about pink kawaii stuff, aestetics, funny, creepy, cute things, foodm heatlh and food hacks. Can you link my blog, too?
    https://everythinglovesyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete