Friday, February 1, 2013

Warm Bodies are warm.




I wanted to see the movie warm bodies as soon as I saw the trailer. I wrote the release date on my calendar and even took the day off. I asked my former "friend" if he wanted to come, but he keeps bailing on me, so I decided to go alone. Fortunately, my coworker invited me for her sisters' birthday (and as a challenge my sister is making me try to have a social life). So I went.

This movie stars Nicholas Hoult as R. Nicholas Hoult has been in many movies, including 3 of my favorites which are Clash of the Titans, About a Boy, and Xmen:First Class, and the former best show on Earth; Skins!!! I am a huge fan of his and I wish him the best in all of his endeavors :) PS I'm not diggin' this buzzcut hair jive he has going on, the Warm Bodies do' made me feel like I was watching him as Tony all over again.

Anyway, he plays a zombie who learns how to become human again through experiencing things that remind him of human emotions. Once these zombies build up their emotions, speech, and speed, they evolve back into living beings. Unfortunately, there are a few problems: In this place, there are 2 kinds of corpse: zombie and bonies, which are basically the feral ghouls from the Fallout series. Once the zombies evolve more and more, the feral ghouls start to chase them down. This movie also has romance, humor, action, and thrilling scenes.

What I mainly appreciated about this movie was that it made me realize that it's ok to start over, to evolve into something new, to feel again. Human connection is what made the Zombies better instead of outcasting them  and that was how I was feeling tonight. I haven't had friends or been out in a while, I was afraid, but I took a risk and I drove my toyota all the way out to the movies to have the fun that I deserved. The girls wanted to go to chili's afterwards, but I have to work in the morning and I almost got lost coming home. This was exactly what I needed, a new look on life and a chance to realize that maybe people aren't bad after all?

2 comments:

  1. I saw Warm Bodies too and it was really average at best. I think the problem was the trailer did a really perfect job of summarizing the entire movie so nothing was a surprise to me. Trailers shouldn't away that much and Warm Bodies did. It's my main problem that I have with the movie. Other than that though, I thought the movie was very funny and I laughed a lot! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trailers shouldn't ****give**** away that much.

      hehe missed a word.

      Delete