Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mind over matter: dealing with depression

I haven't really felt like blogging. Well, I take that back, I HAVE felt like blogging, but I've been busy, my computer sucked (this is my new one ^ ^) and I have also been dealing with my oh-so-ever changing emotions.

Being bipolar is seriously like being a ball tossed in between two teams, or like being that kid with the divorced parents who have joint custody; it's confusing, and lately for me it's been feeling a bit out-of-control. A month ago I felt like I was at the top of the world for no apparent reason: I was going to the gym, helping people on my job, going out, just loving life and planning ahead, until one day I woke up and I didn't want to get out of bed. Why? Because I am my worse enemy. I tell myself things that bring me down from the clouds and back into hell. I am constantly reminded of my financial troubles, my path to nowhere in life, and how insecure I am about my looks.

I just feel stuck. The financial troubles are getting worse, I'm screwing up on my job, and my insecurities are causing me to screw up on my job. I'm at a loss. Don't get me wrong, I am receiving treatment for everything, but sometimes I feel like a test dummy, I mean, when I see my psychiatrist, it basically goes like this: "hi, how are you today? how is the medicine working? oh, no life again? well join a club! alright then, see ya!". Really?

And it's not just stress, it's the fact that when I wake up something comes over me because I know that I have to get up and look in that mirror so I can fail while living as me again - the stress just makes it worse. The difference between this time and last time I felt this way, was last time I was at my wits end and I wanted nothing more than to die, but this time I know that not even death can help my problems, so I've just given up. I really really hope that things get better in the future and life turns around, I don't want to go through this every day, not knowing which way I'm gonna feel and why.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. :(

    I can somewhat relate to you on the financial troubles. I'm also stressed out on my jobs (I have two of them now. Sigh. It's not fun but I'm trying to distract myself from that by watching Netflix, hobbies and video games.

    I hope you will get better. DON'T GIVE UP.

    ReplyDelete