Monday, August 20, 2012

First Week Of College: First Day

So I am EXHAUSTED.

Today was a full-on day. I had to go up to the school at 11am this morning, and between updating my classes, verifying my financial aid, and RE-verifying my financial aid, it took a while. However, I got everything done, and I went to my first class.

Today I had math 0099, which is the pre-college math class they put people in when their math SATs are subpar. I'll admit, I'm really dyslexic when it comes to math, in any other subject, I am a beast, but in mathematics, I am a total derp; always has been.

Anyway, the teacher is nice, it's actually my 12th grade statistics teacher (how'd he get there!) and that's mainly the reason why I switched the class time, because I recognized the teacher name and was like "OHHH IM GONNA PASS!!" because he's one of those teachers that explains things clearly. I'm afraid to find out what the others will be like.

So far everything seems ok. The commute is really difficult, especially since the class starts at 6:30pm and it's rush hour for people coming from the city, and it's hell for someone with their first car, but the ride back is a bit easier because the class ends at night. The campus is really crowded, like there is never a dull moment at all, and I guess that if I had gotten housing I would've been closer to people, but I find it extremely hard to bond with people at this point, I mean some people are just "hi, my name is..." but I've never been like that, I've had my guard up since the 6th grade, so I really don't think that my dreams of having friends are gonna come true..at all LOL.

But I just gotta give it another chance; it wasn't bad, but it didn't feel like school or anything. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment