Sunday, March 17, 2013

I HATE SPRING AND SUMMER



 
I wouldn't call it seasonal depression, because I don't get depressed, I think I should call it seasonally disgusted, because once those temps rise and those clouds clear, It's like the apocalypse is upon us.

 



Many people consider me to be "abnormal" because I prefer the beauty of a fresh fall afternoon or a cozy winters night over a pollen infused spring day and a record-breaking temps summer. I hate it. I love colder temperatures because I like the clothing options, jeans, hoodies, just the basic things that you can wear, and it's easier to find things to wear.

Spring and summer are the worst, especially since I live in Hot Georgia, which means that I don't have AC in the car, it's most likely to go out in the house, the bill will be high & fat girls will be wearing unflattering clothing. Another reason why I've never enjoyed this time of the year is because it makes me really lonely. For example, winter and fall are all about spending time with the family for the holidays, but spring and summer are all about hanging out with friends, and I'm not even gonna go into that situation right there.........
The problem is that I'm usually in my job selling sandals and flip flops to people who are going out to have a good time while I'm just stuck looking outside like a caged canary. But it's really my fault that I don't get out much, I don't like the outdoors- plain and simple, PLUS when we moved out of our house when I was 8, we lived in several apartments in neighborhoods where it was unsafe to go outside, so by the time we actually got to someplace nice, I had grown accustomed to just sitting on the computer. Now I just do it when I can't sleep, which is like, always.

Oh yeah, and WTF is the deal with daylight savings time? OMFGJKMN. Fall back, Spring Forward; oh hush that noise, it's really been throwing me off lately. I'll rush into work thinking that I'm late only to realize that I could have gone to the gym in the hour it took for me to get ready. Also I hate it because at work people keep coming in because the sun is out so they don't realize how late it really is, and I understand that's how it works, but I don't tell time by clocks, I use the patterns of the sun and the sky (because I'm from ancient Greece and I don't have a watch) so when I get back from break and the sun is still out, I think "....did I do that right?"

Maybe I'm being a little TOO pessimistic here, which the traumatic Sprummer that I had last year still haunting me, I often fail to realize that this is a new year and things change, but one thing never changes: Sprummer in Georgia is HOT, BRIGHT, & STICKY. ew

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really look forward to the hot weather either. I've always loved the cold especially for sleeping. It just feels nice to wearing warm clothes and huddle up underneath all the blankets. Whereas during the summer, you're just laying there, sweating, kicking your sheets off the bed.

    ReplyDelete