Saturday, March 16, 2013

Why I really think I am single.

It has come to my attention that I could possibly be alone for the rest of my life, and here's why:



I am in my 20's, which people say are the best years of your life, but I feel like I sorta missed out on the whole teenage experience: I didn't plan ahead, I didn't go to prom, never dated, never been kissed, etc. Basically I was a loner whose "friends" were those stoners I sat at breakfast with every morning; now THOSE are friends. Nowandays, I have no friends, which means I don't go anywhere, so that is reason #1:
 
YOU DON'T GO ANYWHERE, BITCH!
I mean, after high school where else do you meet people? college? a bar? a club? conveniently bump into each other in the frozen vegetable section at Kroger? How am I supposed to know where to find a guy. Don't get me wrong, I've met some guys that have come into my job that I really liked, but me being socially retarded I get really nervous and come off as stupid.
 
I DON'T "PUT MYSELF OUT THERE" ENOUGH?
Last night I stumbled upon this documentary of hookers and how prostitution is the world's oldest profession. (don't judge me, I couldn't find anything to watch) When I think of putting oneself out there, I think of coming off as a whore or some sort of bimbo, so what is that? damsel in distress?
 
I'M USED TO BEING ONE OF THE GUYS
Always. And none of that stupid "I play call of duty" shit either, I'm talking "in the 90's you couldn't tell me I didn't have boy genitalia" and it was more fun, we'd wrestle, we'd fight, play video games. Soooooo yeah.
 
I'M INSECURE :(
The downside to being one of the guys means you gotta take their insults like a man. When I was little, they did typical stuff like call me ugly and make fun of how I look and various body parts, but unlike most chicks who grew into their looks, I never grew into mine and to this day I still hear guys in the distance commenting on how ugly I am.
 
I DON'T LOOK MY AGE
Take a look at this lovely chick here:
 
and this one:
 
guess how old they are? I am not taken seriously as a 20 year old.
 
I AM A GRADE A BITCH.
...And it runs in the family. I don't mean like meany-poo, I mean like, I am naturally a riot-grrrl type of bitch. I'm not mean to everyone, but it's a defense mechanism I've built up over the years.
 
 
 
I understand that there is someone out there for everyone, but I don't believe that is exactly true. I may never get to experience the holding hands or the kisses or anything of that nature. And while some people tell me I'm not missing out on much, please don't ruin it for me - I just wanna know what it feels like.

3 comments:

  1. I've always thought I was going to be single for the rest of my life until social networking sites like MySpace came about. I was never the one to go out so I ended meeting guys from the internet (wow that sounded creepy/desperate) and went on dates with them. I met my current boyfriend of 5-ish years on a dating website. :)

    Even then, it's ok to be single, even for the rest of your life. My boyfriend and I have broken up before, and honestly, I had a lot of fun just being on my own and not having to worry about trying to satisfy your partner/boyfriend (it doesn't have to mean sexually lol). If we were to end up breaking up again, I would seriously just stay single for the rest of my life. I just love the freedom of it.

    If you want to look for a man, I would consider using the internet (just use your best judgement). I have met so many great guys through it, and I've still kept in touch w/ them as friends on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OkCupid.com

      I haven't used it in five years (for obvious reasons) so I don't know how it is these days. But back in my time, it was fun and I've interacted with a lot of great potential dates.

      Delete