Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Material Girl

This one is something that I find myself slowly coming into, and it's sort of an 80's revival. The reason why I am doing this one is because it is the cheapest out of all the clothes that I have in my closet, if I want to achieve this look, it would be very helpful on my pocket.

Now for a little off-topic rant: I remember when people were trying to do the 80's back in 2008, and I was one of them. I remember EVERYONE was trying to do it, rap was trying to do it, R&B was trying to do it, POP was trying to do it, it was cool then, but it got really ghetto because people threw on a bunch of bright clothes, did some poses and called it an '80's photo shoot'.

 Not 80's: New Rave

Not 80's: The left image is more like "HAYYYYYY" and the one on the right is "where's my stylist?
Not 80's: looks like an updated look of the munchkins from The Wiz
It was interesting when I was trying to find the pictures for this collage because a lot of pics were of people imitating 80's hiphop and that's mos def what I'm trying not to do, see MY style is a lot different; my 80's style only incorporates elements that people aren't willing to bring back, let alone acknowledge the fact that it is, in fact, a trend from the 80's. Since most people (meaning most my age) were born in the 90's and arent aware of 80's wear, what I wear appears stylish and different, which is what I aim for. Alas, here I post my collage of MY 80's style.

Songs
  • The songs that I use for this style are the same ones I posted during new wave week, which inspired me to make this collage, also a few extra ones:

    • Must Be The Feeling by Nero
    • I Know I'll See You by A Place To Bury Strangers
    • Make Up by Vanity 6



No comments:

Post a Comment