Saturday, April 14, 2012

Renaissance Fair 2012

So as a part of my bucket-and-fuck-it list, I went to the renaissance fair today and accomplished 3 things I've wanted to do before I die.

I am still sick, so I woke up this morning at like, 4am to take my temperature, and it was 99.1 degrees..thats normal, right? Well I contemplated not going because I felt terrible and I have to work tomorrow. My mom asked me if I was going to go because she saw how sick I was, and I believe I actually told her that I was going to stay here, but I ended up changing my mind because every time we say "oh we're gonna do this, oh we're gonna do that" we never end up doing it, and I had hyped myself up for this by saving my money and looking forward to wearing my Assassins Creed shirt.

So we went, and I slept the entire way, including throughout parking, which was very tedious because there were SO MANY CARS.


Once we parked we had to walk a ways away to the actual fair, which was nicely located inside a forest so there was loads of shade. It was really cute, once inside we were all greeted by a gargoyle and her gargoyle friend

So the fair was really cute, I thought there were gonna be more people talking in Shakespearean, but lots of people just broke character, when I was looking at some cool striped socks this one lady said they were thigh highs and she wears em' with her booty shorts. RIGHT.

There were a lot of cool shops too, selling medieval themed clothing. I had no use for any of this stuff, I mean, I'm already a loser I don't need anymore confirmation that I am a weirdo. Most of the shops were just selling the same merchandise, which included fake weapons, clothing, jewelry, herbs and spices, etc.

There were a lot of characters there, some of them fit in perfectly, some of them were waaaaaaayyyy out of left field. The closest I came to dressing up was wearing my Assassins Creed shirt, (which IS relevant to the renaissance fair, it just is, don't question me) and ended up getting a weird look from the guy dressed as a templar knight. But somehow I feel as if I should have worn a Skyrim or a Shrek shirt instead.

There were a lot of good looking guys there; some were working there, some were just visiting there, but the ones that were working there were unbelievably hot, like the guy helping me with my archery skills (ok so he was a bit of a butthole and he seemed like he didn't want to be there) but the rest were cool. 

Here's the thing, I don't really have any friends, so I'm pretty much stuck with my family every where I go, and they are so boring that it's ridiculous. The only thing they did consisted of stopping in herb stores, looking at the ugly jewelry, and pointing rudely.at everything,

While the fam gets their mug of beer, I managed to wander off (and get lost) to catch a jousting battle.


The red jouster's name was really hard to pronounce (and remember)..so lets just call him Garfunkle. Garfunkle had the crowd roaring. People cheered loudly for him like they knew him from last year or something.

The blue jouster, on the other hand, I don't remember his name either, it was something like Sidarthur or whatever, and he was fit as hell, where are they FINDING these guys??? Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of him because my feet were roasting in my shoes and I was kinda concerned, but I DID get this video of him:

So I had lost my family, and my mom was like "you should've just stayed with us" and by that point I was so annoyed I just explained to her that if I had stayed with them I wouldn't have had any fun.

Overall by the end of the fair I started to feel sick, so I was ready to go, but I DID enjoy myself. The guys were hot, the people were friendly, and at the end I finally heard some people stay in character: "showing me your fanny? twas not an insult!" but the only thing is they were only doing it when they were around other vendors and not regular people (???) But it was pretty cool, I'm just not going back to another festival until I have some fun people to go with. But..

  • I took some cool pics
  • I bought a souvenir
  • I shot with a bow and arrow
  • I wore my assassins creed shirt
  • I saw a jousting
  • I went to the renaissance fair..
Mission accomplished ^ ^

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Doesn't it feel nice to finally cross out a thing to do from your bucket list?

    Renn Faire is pretty fun. I use to go every year, but have stopped once and for all starting this year only because I've been so tired of the heat and wind. The one where I go to, the sun is scorching, ground is dirt, so when it's windy, the dirt just attacks you. Lol.

    Those pictures are great though. I really love the badass with the wings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW thanks for commenting!

      Living in North Georgia the weather doesn't exactly do us justice out here, but it managed to stay a nice 75 degrees the whole weekend of the fair.

      Delete