Sunday, May 6, 2012

College.

So yesterday, I went to take my compass test at the college I'm supposed to be starting at in the fall.

The compass test is a test that people take when their SAT/ACT scores are slightly below the needed score to get into the classes or they've been out of school for a few years. At first I wasn't gonna go, a well known habit of mine is flaking - saying "oh yeah, I'm gonna go do this" and at the last minute I flake, which is deciding I don't want to do it.

I really contemplated it because I wasn't sure I wanted to go to college anymore; the practice test looked too hard and I was convinced that I was gonna fail. The English and writing parts are not an issue - it's ALWAYS been mathmatics for me. I can score above and beyond in English and reading, but I will bum fail math.

Well, I egged myself on. I thought that hey, at least it's college, and I need somewhere to go and jumpstart my life besides my 2 jobs all the time. So I went ahead and went, and I got a perfect score and I am taking the normal freshman classes! I felt extremely accomplished yesterday after leaving the college.

Some things I noticed were that people are more likely to mind their business in college; in high school people looked at each other and judged each other, whereas in college most people don't actually give 2 shits about the next person. Also, there are more people there of any age: there was a guy in his 50's there doing his homework.

Most people there are my age, but it still helps that there is a wider variety of people in each age group, you know? I recommend taking a year off and finding a job to anyone who was tired of school like I was, however, college is still something that I would also recommend, not just for the learning, but everyone should at least TRY. That's one word I need to use more in life. TRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment