Saturday, May 19, 2012

HAIRCUT WIN

And the new place to get my hair styled is...*drumroll*

Wal-mart smart style salon!!

I had gotten my hair done there before, once was a relaxer and once was a blowout and they both came out awesome. I gotta admit I had my doubts about going to walmart, because it's such a generic place to get my hair cut. 

However, the experience was, and usually is really good. I walked in and instead of the creepy stares, I was greeted with kindness, and I only had to show the lady the picture of the hairstyle ONCE. That was a really good sign, because in the past my hairstylists would go "wait..lemme see the picture again" but this time she just looked at it and ran with it. Then the other stylist complimented my hair and said that she considered getting her hair cut. It was a wonderful experience and I got the exact cut I wanted. Which was this:

...and it's the exact same haircut (pics coming soon)

But what makes this haircut better is that I really had wanted to chop my hair off for a while. To me, cutting my hair is a major stress reliever, and to me it represents freedom (maybe that's why I had that dream). I was also hesitant to get my hair cut short because I thought that I would look really ugly, and people would mistake me for a dude, but I look better with shorter hair, and maybe...just maybe...I will try to wear makeup???

No comments:

Post a Comment