Sunday, May 27, 2012

I Am No One's Robot.


I'm not trying to be an extreme feminist here, but this subject just kind of irks me.

I was reading an article online called '10 things a woman should know how to do' and the standards kept getting more and more unreal, we're human, not robots.

My last day at my second job, we were all talking and this one lady was chopping up vegetables. I am extremely sensitive to onions and peppers, and she mentioned "how are you gonna cook for your husband". I jokingly said "I will order takeout" and her relative chimed in and said "oh sweetie no, I cook for my husband all the time and he loves my cooking"


Excuse me? LOL

  •  Anyone who knows me, and knows me REALLY well, know that I am def. not the domestic housewife type. I've never been in love, I've never been in a relationship, so what on God's green Earth would make ANYONE think that I plan on getting married? I can't commit to a single nail polish color, let alone a single person that I'd have to look at forever. UGH!
  •  I don't cook for others. I just don't. Reason: because I don't care what you like and don't like, as long as I like it, it's fine.
  • who said that I had to satisfy someone else? Is learning how to do all of this for the sole purpose of 'keeping our husbands happy'? If so, then that's bullshit. Should I also quit my job, wear an apron and a false smile, standing at the door waiting for my husband to come home so I can take his coat and say "how was your day, dear?" PFFT.

I just have a huge problem with people telling me what I should and shouldn't do, and I think people are really narrow minded and should realize that people are different, it's 2012 FFS and need to accept other people's lifestyle choices.

 


1 comment:

  1. Yup, I'd totally to be annoyed if I was in your position.

    It doesn't matter if I enjoy cooking for other people or not, I just hate how some people assume that everyone has the same role to be filled depending if they're a man or a woman. It's not that black and white and it's definitely the freakin' 50's anymore.

    ReplyDelete