Thursday, May 17, 2012

LEAVE THE DEAD ALONE!!

I'm normally a huge fan of shows like "Paranormal Activity", "Ghost Hunters", "Ghost Adventures", anything ghost-y and paranormal-ly, they are interesting because we usually see ghosts portrayed in thriller movies and we KNOW it's not real; it's just special effects. Those ghost hunting t.v. shows go all the way and beyond to prove something and to talk to the dead, and sometimes we can hear them as well.

But for Dio's sakes, man..give it a rest after a while, if the spirit isn't talking to you, don't hound them to death (hound them to death..haha get it? because they're already dead LOLz) like the ghost paparazzi or something. No wonder why the spirits are telling them to LEAVE or knocking down stuff and throwing shit across the room - sometimes I get irritated from being asked "what's wrong" or "how was your day" over and over again.

And sometimes the ghost paparazzi just look downright stupid; here they are, sitting in a room with enough electronics and equipment to put Dexter's Laboratory  to shame, shouting in the dark "HELLO! ARE YOU HERE? IF YOU ARE HERE PLEASE THROW A ROCK, A LAMP, OR A CHAIR AT MY HEAD!"..nothing happens except the fart of a cast member and everyone jumps ship, people flee the room, and the audio is played repededly to prove that the fart, was indeed, the voice of old man Jenkins..

Or they will stand in a doorway, while a moth flies up to one guy's ear. The guy runs like a chicken with it's head cut off swearing that "DUDE! IT JUST TRIED TO ATTACK ME!" And so that we will believe that it's a spirit attacking the dude, not a moth, a clip of the 'floating orb' is played over and over again.

I used to think these shows were really cool, and some still are, especially the ones about unsolved mysteries like Lizzie Borden and historical figures, but most of the time I just sit there feeling stupid because this show is trying to convince us that it's Casper, not their draining sanity due to prolonged exposure to darkness (play amnesia: the dark decent) that's really talking to us..really?

Disclaimer: I DO believe in ghosts; I lived in a haunted house for 8 years of my life and sometimes weird things do happen to us now, but I doubt that I'd be going to radio shack for some ghostbuster equipment any time soon

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious post. Though, I don't think I was following when you mentioned Dio. Did something happened? Did somebody try to communicate with him?

    I love ghost stories and sometimes I do watch shows like "Ghost Adventures". It's fun to be scared but you're right, a lot of the times it's hard to believe them because you're not there experiencing it with them.

    I hear picking up evidence is like fishing, sometimes you get a lot of paranormal activity, and sometimes you don't, and bringing a bunch of ghostbuster equipment probably isn't going to help the "fishing" that much either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dio is the latin word for God, I think.

      I really like ghost shows though, and I watch them whenever I get the chance, it's just that when I watch certain episodes of ghost adventures I just wanna shout "OMG DUDE THERE'S NOTHING IN THAT ROOM MOVE ON!!" y'know? :P

      Delete