Thursday, June 21, 2012

Living Off Monster Energy Drinks And Daft Punk Radio.

Here is a quick recap of how working this new job has been. Tiring.

I will admit though, it is a step up from where I was working previously.

I drink a monster energy drink 3 hours prior to going to work, then I listen to daft punk radio on Jango (which is 1000000000 better than pandora radio) because it gets me hype, makes me go WHOO! and raises my confidence in my job.

A lot of times on the job, people complain about standing for too long and doing too much stuff, and I'm like HELLO it's a JOB. Where you WORK.

Sometimes, it looks as if the supervisor is pissed off, like the new people aren't really doing what they are supposed to, like I literally see the expression on their faces and it looks like they're thinking "What the fuck did I get myself into?". Lots of people don't think they can last because of the hours and the amount of work, but I practically prayed for this job, prayed to get the hell out of retail because if there is one thing that I suck at, it's making people happy. I can piss someone off, I can offend people, but making people happy is not my forte'.

Anywhoo, because I really want to stay, I think I try too hard to bust my ass and do a good job. I have gotten lots of praise and approval, but I don't know if that's enough. Sometimes I feel as if I'm trying so hard to do a good job I come off as a golden retriever; "please, please, I'm a good dog, I can do things, HONEST!!" Other times I think this is a test, because we will be trained for 5 mins and expect to know everything there is to know about everything, then someone will tell us to do something different than we were originally taught. I really do hope that this is just a test, because this job is tiring, but I need to move on with my life, not backtrack it.


No comments:

Post a Comment