Monday, June 11, 2012

Why The Sims 3 Is Still Pissing Me Off.

I thought I was over this, but I can't take it, it's like the game developers decided to make people's lives difficult with this game.

I enjoyed the Sims 2 because of the freedom. I could edit my own terrain, make my own custom content, easily download hair, skin, houses, ANYTHING even weather. The characters had memories, the graphics were more beautiful and everything looked more realistic.



In the sims 3...In The Sims 3, You Don't Play Game, Game Plays YOU!


When I first played the sims 3, I was really baffled by a lack of creative outlet in this game. All of the sims look alike and are UGLY, there are no memories, only moodlets (stupid), you can't create neighborhoods, stores or anything. In the sims 3, you could go to the store with your sims and go bowling and everything. In the sims 3, the buildings are called rabbit holes, where you send a sim inside and they disappear. So what's the point of the actual game? controlling their lives, right? Well that's all you'll be able to do is control their lives, but you don't actually have control over their lives, because on story mode, the same house you made 5 minutes ago now has 2 children without your consent! So if there is story mode, what is the point of the actual player? Just leave your computer running and you'll automatically have 3 new generations of sims. 

I don't mind the non-loading screens and the walking around town, it's fantastic, but I can't even see my sim get inside the damn car or on the damn bike. The game developers spent so much money on the sunset and the beach that they cant afford simple animations like getting on a bike.

Another thing that pisses me off is game updates. In order for me to install the custom content to make the game look better I have to update the game which takes FOREVER. And I know that there is expansion packs but everything is 30 damn dollars and EA is not taking my hard earned money right now.

I thought about re-installing the sims 2, I miss creating everything, I really felt like God while playing the sims 2, I was a master of my own make believe, I created everything from northeastern towns to beach towns to Feudal Japanese villages and even ancient Greece! If you like just watching things happen without any control then the sims 3 is the game for you, but if you like to create your own things and watch them come alive then the sims 3 is not the game for you.

1 comment:

  1. You are exactly righy! I too love Sims2, but tried Sims3 and Sims4 and hate them both.

    ReplyDelete