Friday, June 8, 2012

New Things.

Lately I had been having a hard time with some things. I had been having financial trouble, stressed with my school tuition, and upset with my job. I was about to give up and just drop everything.

I came to the conclusion that this was just life, but it wasn't rock bottom; I still had a job, I almost have enough for a car (despite helping my mom with the bills) and I was going to take a trip to my school's financial aid office to straighten things out.

Today was the day we were planning to go to the financial office originally. However, I received an email yesterday that my financial aid had been processed and I just had to accept my grant money. It took me since March 2010, 2 years ago, and 2 months before my high school graduation, to see ANY sign of my financial aid. And I have finally received it.

Today I got a call from a job that I was looking for through a temp agency. The pay and the hours are perfect, but they only called when they had positions open. Now, I was about to be extremely discouraged because I was really reliying on this new job. I hadn't heard any news and I told my mom that I wasn't going to call them back anymore, that I had just given up, but she kept saying "be patient..." but patience has never been my specialty. Today they finally called me with a position open.

So along with the financial aid kicking in AND there finally being a position open for me to accept, I'm very shocked because it's all happening so fast. Also, my mom was right, I need to learn to be more patient, which is something I'm not good at at ALL whatsover.

I am grateful to have doors opening for me this quick- it's a little overwhelming, things like this never happen to me, but as usual I'm just gonna take everything in stride and try not to get my hopes up...I need to be cool.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's awesome how everything just worked out for you! Once you reached to the bottom (kind of) you can only go back up.

    ReplyDelete