Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Night Shift.

I got this job working the night shift at a laboratory. It is supposed to only last me six weeks but if you do a really good job they wont let you go.

What I will be doing is taking chemicals and testing them, I am constantly on my feet and moving around, which is perfect considering that it's night shift and I'm never really asleep at night anyway. There's about 6 of us newbs training at once.

Monday night was death. We were doing paperwork, watching videos, just sitting and doing nothing the entire time. The amount of information we had to retain was horrendous, I was so overwhelmed I was pretty sure that I wasn't gonna be able to do any of the work they ask me. When I got home I immediately had to go to bed because my other job started at 3 in the afternoon until 9 at night.

Tonight was better- we were actually training to do our jobs, and while it was no problem, we had the option to leave early because our training was done, BUT we wouldn't be making up the time we left, I was hesitant on leave but dammit I was carpooled there so I had no choice but to go.

So here I am, 5:48 in the morning restless, seeing a tiny glimpse of hope in my otherwise melacholia...for now. My other job is still irritating the shit out of me even more.

2 comments:

  1. Geez...your work schedule sounds so awful!

    So your night shift job is at a laboratory where you test chemicals? That sounds pretty cool. Would you consider yourself as a scientist? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I never thought about that! but yes, it's chemicals and all that toxic biohazard-y stuff

    ReplyDelete